Sunday, October 7, 2007

Internships Already?

Coming into college, I had no idea that I would be searching for a summer internship almost a year in advance, but a few weeks after I returned to Clemson, I had to start looking and interviewing. Internships are on my mind because for the last few weeks, interviews, meet-and-greets, and office visits have consumed my life outside of class and homework.

The skills that I'm learning in English 304 have been very pertinent and helpful so far. Thus far, I have had six interviews, each with a social the night before them, as well as one office visit. I think that I should be able to get an internship in Accounting that I want due to my strong resume and my social skills.

The ideal internship for me would be in Greenville, South Carolina, close to where I live. The reason that I would like an internship there is because I could live at home or in Clemson or even both during the summer months. I would also like an internship that pays well, solely because I believe that I should be able to get one of these internships.

My interviews, socials, and visits have all been rather successful, and I think that I should be able to get the kind of internship for which I am looking. Being this close to the real world is a little overwhelming at times, hearing recruiters talking about hiring for full-time positions after completing internships, but I think that I will be able to handle myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's funny... I've had several full time jobs in my life, but even now, when I think about looking for a professorship when I finish writing my dissertation, it feels scary to me. I hope the class can continue to help you as you go through this important step. Never hesitate to ask me if you need someone to look over a resume, etc.