Sunday, September 30, 2007

How do I sell myself?

The articles that caught my eye contained information on selling yourself to a potential employer. The first article, entitled "Selling Your Accomplishments: A Consultant's Resume Makeover," showed the situation in which applicants find themselves. Applicants should write their resumes with a purpose. This purpose should be shown throughout the entirety of the resume.

The second article I read was called "How to Pinpoint Accomplishments That Will Make Your Resume Shine." This article provides tips on what to put in a resume. It says to not be modest and to check your performance as well as results. This article shows applicants how to make themselves desirable to potential employers.

These articles are particularly of interest to me as I'm applying and interviewing for internships for next summer. Because of my resume, I've been offered interviews from almost all of the employers to whom I submitted my resume. Due to my interviewing, I've even already found out that one employer wants to hire me for next summer and two others want to have me visit their offices. Every interview so far has been very successful, partially due to my strong resume. Tips such as the ones offered in these articles provide information that can be extremely beneficial for a long time to come.

No comments: