Thursday, September 13, 2007

My Life in Ten Years

In ten years, my life will be very different than it is currently. When I get out of college, I want to go to three years of law school and specialize in tax law. I may want to continue for one more year and get an LLM, which would allow me to deal with more legal matters. After law school, I would like to move back to Greenville, SC and live there. I've lived in or around Greenville the majority of my life and think the upstate of South Carolina offers a balance that cannot be seen many other places.

In the year 2017, I will be thirty years old. I would like to be a practicing tax attorney and certified public accountant and be will established at my job. I think I want to specialized in doing real estate planning and tax law. I hope that my life can be almost completely financially sound in ten years, which should be rather achievable.

I would like to have a family by the time that I'm thirty. I'd probably want to have a few kids by then too. I want to be close to my family and not work all the time. I would like to be active in my family members' lives and be available for them. I think that I will stay close to my current immediate and extended family also.

The most important aspect of my life in ten years will still be my faith in God. Without my faith, I have nothing. I would like to still be active in my church and possibly still attend the same church. My faith is the only part of my life that will keep the other parts balanced.

This is how I envision my life in ten years. I may change my major, again, or not pursue law school, but whether I get to this exact point in my life or not, I know that it will be fun.

No comments: