Sunday, October 28, 2007

Another Free Post With Internships on my Mind

About a month has passed since my last free post, and I've still got internships on my mind. Only this time all of the interviews are over, and I am waiting.

I took part in about six interviews for internships this coming Summer, and each of them had varying results. Two employers told me that they probably weren't even going to hire juniors but rather just wanted to see good candidates to keep in their books for next year. Two other employers told me that seniors had precedence over juniors and that my interview performance was great, but my internship prospect is solely contingent on seniors taking internships. One employer offered me a job and is currently looking for openings within the company, and I turned one employer down because I did not want to work for a company with a reputation that is less than par.

My favorite employers so far have been Dixon Hughes, Milliken, and Cherry, Bekaert, and Holland. I believe that I would enjoy working for any of these three companies in my internship. Milliken has already offered me a job once they find an open place for me that meets what I want, and the other two have invited me back for office visits but have not yet contacted me with a solid yes or no. Thus, this week I am left with the prospect of having three great internship offers, which could pan out to be only one. This week will not only be nerve-wracking due to two tests and a proposal due this week but also due to waiting for responses on these two interviews.

I certainly hope that I can attain a solid internship this Summer that hopefully leads me into a job in which I am content. Maybe by the next time I've got a free post, I'll know and can blog about which internship I chose and why I chose it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That would be great... I will have to assign a free post again soon so that I can find out how it all went. =o)