Thursday, October 18, 2007

Interview Reflection

At this point in my life, being able to perform well in an interview is crucial. Since I had already had six interviews with accounting firms in the two weeks before I had my interview with Ms. Rogers, I went into the interview feeling quite prepared. Still, this interview taught me that even though I had been through many interviews directly before this one, remembering all of the aspects of an interview can be quite difficult even for very prepared people.

Before the interview, I was required to write a cover letter, which I had never done before this semester. Writing the cover letter showed me how to exemplify professionalism and be diplomatic. This interviewing process reassured me that being about fifteen minutes early is beneficial, even if the interviewer is not yet ready for the interviewee. While in the interview, I was also reassured that making a list of practice questions is quite helpful also because a few of the questions I practiced were actually asked in the interview.

Overall, this mock interview experience provided me with feedback and information on what I need to work on in order to become more effective in the interviewing process. While I already knew most of what I experienced from either prior knowledge or interviewing experience, some aspects were completely new to me.

No comments: