Sunday, November 18, 2007

Employers Study Applicants' Personalities? Of Course They Do.

After reading this article, I was not surprised at all. Perhaps this is because I have just gone through a lot of interviews and group interviews and have always seen the importance of working well with others.

Many of the employers with whom I interviewed required me to take a personality assessment prior to my interview and asked me questions based on my various answers to the survey. Another employer invited me to a group interview in which we were instructed to sit in a waiting room with associates from the company when we arrived. We later learned that the company judged part of our performance based on how well we interacted with their current associates.

Making sure that a potential employee will work well with the current ones and will have enough zeal and passion to perform his/her job well is crucial in today's competitive job market. Thus, the findings of this article were not surprising to me, but rather, they were expected.

No comments: